Slic3r and da Vinci 1.0 Pro

Sup folks,

Here is a little snippet I wrote in Perl to use as post-processing script in Slic3r. It will pick up the Slic3r .gcode output file and transform it in to a .3w file to use with XYZware. This is for those who, like, don’t really like the XYZware software and are too cheap to buy Simplify3D 😉

This script is quite possibly not written in the best way, but it’s the least I could do in about two hours. It works fine on my Mac,  but I’m guessing Windows users could be a bit troubled because of Perl not working OK. Basically this script was based on https://gamium.org/3d-printing/printing-on-the-da-vinci-xyz-printer/12/2219 this article, but since I can’t run Notepad++ without Wine, I thought I’d eliminate this step.

One more word of caution, I did not test the script yet, but it looks fine in XYZware. The description of the file is NOT accurate though because I manually insert a heading which is just rubbish, so I suggest trying this with a simple print first. I’m too lazy to get all parameters from Slic3r, though it should be possible to insert those into the modified header, maybe later …

-edit- Machine name ID should be daVinciAW10 apparently for the 1.0 Pro …